Xpanda 300 is a pre-compressed open cell polyurethane foam backed roll with a self adhesive scrim tape to assist positioning. Heavily impregnated with chemically stabilized acrylics creating flame retardant properties, Xpanda 300 remains permanently elastic and will continually self adjust after installation to keep gaps closed.
An excellent expanding joint sealing alternative to polyurethane aerosol foam due to its clean and easy application as well as its cost-efficiency. This product is ideal for professional and DIY use for the installation of windows and door frames as well as for joining structural elements in residential and commercial construction. The measured performance of Xpanda 300 is rated at 300 Pascals. This product allows for sufficient joint ventilation which prevents the accumulation of mildew, has high UV resistance, and ages well without noticeable cracking or splitting over the years. This makes it ideal in climates with seasonal changes and noticeable expansion and contraction in joints.
Sealing with water and air:
- Exterior windows and doors (PVC, wood, aluminium).
- All types of installation: wall, rabbet and tunnel, new and renovation.
- Rolling shutter boxes, bay units.
- Precast concrete elements.
- External Thermal Insulation.
- Timber Frame Houses.
- Other applications (caravans, prefabricated constructions, etc.).
- Impermeable to driving rain from 300 Pa
- Airtight, Weather, UV resistance – Class 2 NF P 85-570
- Fire resistant – B2 DIN 4102
- Temperature resistance – -40°C – +90°C
After application, this foam tape will expand to fill gaps and will adapt to uneven surfaces, providing thermal insulation.
Xpanda 1-9 will expand from 1mm in its compressed state to a maximum of 9mm once unwound and applied.